The Azores are classified as the most beautiful destination in Portugal and the most sustainable in the world. The island, like the rest of the archipelago, is from volcanic origin. From the depths of the craters of ancient volcanoes where lakes and woods emerge as a beautiful scene to the legends and myths about the top of the Atlántida to the beautiful views of different shapes to the Atlantic Ocean. The landscapes retain their original purity as the time haven’t passed by.
We have a van with 8 seats ideal for your group, friends or family. A comfortable and accessible van with individual air conditioning, with dark windows, DVD monitor and music player. The van is fully adapted and equipped with hydraulic platform lift to transport wheelchair.
About the tour:
We start our tour at Ponta Delgada and drive along the south coast passing by the local parishes until arriving at the city of Lagoa. In the center of the island, is the crater of a dormed volcano, the youngest of the most important volcanos of the island. we arrive at incredibly beautiful and mysterious Lagoa do Fogo, a crater lake surrounded by some native vegetation of the island like Erica azorica and urzula azorica. The lake with transparent waters and white sand beaches are part of a Natural Reserve.
Going down the mountain we will reach the Caldeira Velha, where you can enjoy a thermal bath. In the town of Ribeira Grande we visit the local liquors factory and have a sample of some of their products. Returning by the north coast passing by the Village of Rabo de Peixe where is based the most important fishermen’s community. We will visit one of the most beautiful parts of the island. Do not forget your camera to remember the moments and the unique landscapes. The Azores are a paradise for nature lovers.
We invite you to visit the most beautiful places of the island with us. With accompaniment of local
- Enjoy the landscapes that retain their original purity;
- See the Lagoa do Fogo whose crystalline waters change color;
- Visit the Caldeira Velha with a beautiful waterfall and relax in its waters;
- Taste the delicious regional liquors;
- Go through a local village and see your day-to-day life.
- Tour / route subject to changes due to weather conditions;
- This tour lasts for half a day (04: 00);
- A minimum of 4 people per tour is required;
- A maximum of 8 people per tour;
- A short walk if client agrees;
- Accessible to wheelchairs, please advise at time of booking.
- Comfortable and waterproof clothing;
- Comfortable shoes;
- Bring a bathing suit and towel;
- Photo camera to remember landscapes.
- Driver / Guide.