The Azores are classified as the most beautiful destination in Portugal and the most sustainable in the world. The island, like the rest of the archipelago, is from volcanic origin. From the depths of the craters of ancient volcanoes where lakes and woods emerge as a beautiful scene to the legends and myths about the top of the Atlántida to the beautiful views of different shapes to the Atlantic Ocean. The landscapes retain their original purity as the time haven’t passed by.
We have a van with 8 seats ideal for your group, friends or family. A comfortable and accessible van with individual air conditioning, with dark windows, DVD monitor and music player. The van is fully adapted and equipped with hydraulic platform lift to transport wheelchair.
About the tour:
At this tour we will explore the volcanic complex of the Nordeste, formed more than 4 million years ago by a now extinct volcano. We will start along the north coast with unforgettable landscapes.
The Nordeste is also known to be an older locality of the island, with a variety of shades of green from its landscapes as well as water springs and streams, the English influenced gardens and the amazing waterfalls along with the traditional water mils are a must see.
We will go through flowered roads mainly during the summer. Returning we pass through the village of Povoação where it started the first settlement on the island of São Miguel and were we can find the famous fofa da povoação a pastry very known among the locals.
We return thru the south coast passing by several viewpoints and local parishes observing the day-to-day living. We will visit one of the most beautiful parts of the island. Do not forget your camera to remember the moments and the unique landscapes. The Azores are a paradise for nature lovers.
We invite you to visit the most beautiful places of the island with us. With accompaniment of local guides who will show you all the charms of São Miguel Island. Wonderful views, local identity and traditions, tasty gastronomy, stories and legends as well as the hospitality of the people that will make your tour a unique experience.
- Visit one of the two tea factory and the only plantation in Europe;
- Enjoy the beautiful waterfalls at Ribeira dos Caldeirões;
- See the magnificent views in the northeast part of the island of São Miguel;
- Original purity of the landscapes;
- Few gardens with different shades of green;
- Visit the part of the island that has an extinct volcano.
- Tour / route subject to changes due to weather conditions;
- This tour lasts for full day (08: 00);
- A minimum of 4 people per tour is required;
- A maximum of 8 people per tour;
- A short walk if client agrees;
- Comfortable and waterproof clothing;
- Comfortable shoes;
- Bring a bathing suit and towel;
- Photo camera to remember landscapes.
- Full Day – 8:00 hours
- Driver / Guide.