The Island of São Miguel, also known as the Green Island, is of volcanic origin, formed by huge volcanic cones, and to see the island from a different perspective, we created this tour for you.
This combined tour starts at the Ponta Delgada marina with the embarkation on the “SCORPION” vessel that will take us on the first part of the trip.
Departure from the Ponta Delgada Marina towards the East towards the Povoação marina, always keeping the Island on our port side, we can observe the São Roque islet (Rosto de Cão) which is a remnant of the crater of an ancient Volcano, on our trip we can see Melícia beach and São Roque beach, and it’s time to make the first fishing trips.
We pass in front of the city of Lagoa and observe the magnificent cliff and further on we have the Caloura, this area we are not allowed to fish because it is a marine reserve.
On the horizon we can already see the Ilhéu de Vila Franca do Campo, here we will make a complete tour of the islet and see the rock where one of the events of the world championship of jumping into the water is done Red bull cliff diving.
We took the opportunity to take a dip in the crystal clear waters near the islet. Continuing our trip, we observed the Ponta Garça Lighthouse, and in this area is outside the marine reserve, so it’s time to go fishing again because lunchtime is coming.
“Povoação was the first settlement site on the island of São Miguel, the first island to be discovered in 1427 by Diogo de Silves. The settlement started in 1444, with Gonçalo Velho Cabral being the first governor of the island. ”
Like Diogo de Silves, we arrived at Povoação where we will have lunch with the fish we caught.
Now on the road, we leave Povoação towards Ponta Delgada on the way we will visit the village of Furnas, Pico do Ferro viewpoint, Gorreana tea factory, Santa Iria viewpoint, and end at the Ponta Delgada marine.
- Boarding a spacious and comfortable boat;
- Have fun fishing the most varied fish;
- Taste fresh fish at your lunch;
- Visit the part of the island that has a dormed volcano;
- See the boilers and fumaroles in Furnas;
- Taste several mineral waters;
- Try several local products;
- Visit the only tea and plantation factory in Europe.
- This experience is suitable for all levels of experience. Do not worry if you have no experience, because our experienced and dedicated team will teach you everything;
- This fishing excursion can be done every day, whole year round as long as the sea conditions are suitable;
- Tour / route subject to changes due to weather conditions;
- Lunch is the fish caught during the fishing activity, if you prefer another menu advise at the time of booking;
- This tour lasts for a full day (09:00h);
- A minimum of 4 people per tour is required;
- A maximum of 8 people per tour.
- Full day – 9:00 hours
- Hat Cap;
- Comfortable clothes;
- Comfortable shoes;
- Bring a bathing suit and towel;
- Camera to remember all the fun!
- All fishing equipment;
- Beverages (non-alcoholic) and sandwich;
- Fishing license;
- Maritime tourist license;
- Experienced captain;
- Experienced team / deck mate;
- Driver / Guide.