The Azores are classified as the most beautiful destination in Portugal and the most sustainable in the world. The island, like the rest of the archipelago, is from volcanic origin. From the depths of the craters of ancient volcanoes where lakes and woods emerge as a beautiful scene to the legends and myths about the top of the Atlántida to the beautiful views of different shapes to the Atlantic Ocean. The landscapes retain their original purity as the time haven’t passed by.
We have a van with 8 seats ideal for your group, friends or family. A comfortable and accessible van with individual air conditioning, with dark windows, DVD monitor and music player. The van is fully adapted and equipped with hydraulic platform lift to transport wheelchair.
About the tour:
We start our tour along the south coast passing by the local parishes until arriving at the city of Lagoa. In the center of the island, in the crater of an extinct volcano we arrived at incredibly beautiful and mysterious Lagoa do Fogo. Surrounded by some original vegetation of the island the lake with its transparent waters and white sand beaches are part of a Natural Reserve. Going down the mountain we will reach the old caldera where you can enjoy a refreshing bath. In the town of Ribeira Grande we visited the liquors factory.
After lunch we will explore the west side of the island and the massive Sete Cidades volcanic complex with about 800 thousand years old. Located inside a 5 km diameter crater possessing one of the most beautiful lakes in volcanic craters, the Blue and Green Lake a single lake split by a bridge with two different colors. We will go through roads where it is common to find flowers like the hydrangeas, mainly during the summer.
Several viewpoints, beautiful lakes where you can have magnificent views. We will visit one of the most beautiful parts of the island. Do not forget your camera to remember the moments and the unique landscapes. The Azores are a paradise for nature lovers.
We invite you to visit the most beautiful places of the island with us. With accompaniment of local guides who will show you all the charms of São Miguel Island. Wonderful views, local identity and traditions, tasty gastronomy, stories and legends as well as the hospitality of the people that will make your tour a unique experience.
- Enjoy the landscapes that retain their original purity;
- See the Lagoa do Fogo whose crystalline waters change color;
- Visit the Caldeira Velha with a beautiful waterfall and relax in its waters;
- Taste the delicious regional liquors;
- View the magnificent view of the lakes from the top of an extinct volcano;
- Try regional products by taking a break in the village next to lake;
- Relax and enjoy the view inside a volcano crater;
- Pass through flowered roads with hydrangeas, more abundant in the summer;
- Finish your tour near the sea passing through several local parishes.
- Tour / route subject to changes due to weather conditions;
- This tour lasts for full a day (08:00);
- A minimum of 4 people per tour is required;
- A maximum of 8 people per tour.
- A short walk if client agrees;
- Accessible to wheelchairs, please advise at time of booking.
- Comfortable and waterproof clothing;
- Comfortable shoes;
- Bring a bathing suit and towel;
- Photo camera to remember landscapes.
- Full Day – 8:00 hours
- Driver / Guide.